We hope you love the products we recommend!
1. Your favorite children’s books.
Put together a stack of your own (or the parent-to-be’s!) childhood favorites for the baby-to-be.
2. Commemorate the most important trip they’ve ever taken.
Great for travel lovers, having the birthplace of their baby-to-be hammered into a cuff is a great way to remind new parents that the greatest journey is still ahead.
3. A certificate for a birth or newborn photo session.
Moments that come along once in a lifetime deserve to be captured. Your friends will forever treasure having professional photos from their early moments/days as a family.
6. Make or order a modern quilt or blanket.
Something timeless that can double as a throw or travel to college with the little one can be treasured long after the baby things have been put away.
7. Know the theme of the nursery? Use it to create a unique keepsake.
Bring the nursery wallpaper to life with a handmade toy, or decorate a treasure box in the color scheme or theme the parents have chosen to hold beloved objects as the baby grows up.
8. Take care of their paperwork.
Sure, it might not seem like the most emotional option, this gift can help new parents streamline their mounds of paperwork, and pretty and durable folders can actually make for a meaningful keepsake as well!
10. Make letter art pennies from the baby’s birth year.
12. Make thumbprint artwork.
Use family fingerprints, shower guest fingerprints, or provide the artwork for Mom to fill in with the baby’s fingerprints.
13. Help create a memory jar.
Bonus points if you fill the jar with a baby’s first aid kit so the new parents have one less thing to worry about.
14. Wrap “open when” gifts for the new parent’s most trying moments.
A lot of people will be giving gifts to the baby, but wrapping up small gifts and gift cards for the parents in moments of stress is a shower gift that keeps on giving, and might even cheer your friends up when they need it most.
15. DIY a t-shirt/sweatshirt/sweater blanket made from Mom and Dad’s favorites.
This is a great use of all those collectors shirts they haven’t worn in years but can’t let go of sentimentally. And their baby photos will have a meaningful background!
17. Go in with a group and get a night nurse.